[V4rb] ObjectPtr query

Fred.Stephenson Fred.Stephenson at communication-unltd.com
Tue Sep 23 17:12:47 CDT 2003

Ruslan,
I'm writing a small application with Realbasic 4.5 to compare and
update 2 databases.
One thing that doesn't seem to work is creating object pointers.
here's the code :

   case kv_typeobjectPtr
     iobjptr=vobjectptr(thefield)

kobjPtr=bo.createObjectPtrField(iobjptr.name,iobjptr.target,iobjptr.deletionControl)

//putting a breakpoint in here shows that
// kobjptr.target=nil
//kobjPtr.pointedObject=nil
// if I add the following

     kobjPtr.pointedObject=iobjptr.pointedObject

//then the break shows the target and pointed object
//as does the following line

     kobjPtr.target=iobjptr.target

However when I look at the modified database in Vapp the target is
not there and the baseobject is not "linked".
What am I doing wrong?

thanks
best regards

Fred