Newbie Question : Related tables and OR condition

Greg DeVore gdevore at mac.com
Thu Sep 18 19:22:11 CDT 2003

I am having trouble with OR statements between two related tables.
My SQL is this:

SELECT Title, Genre, Mood, Tempo, Comments, Composer, Collection, DVD,
Publisher FROM Music_Library, Genre, Mood, Tempo, Composer, Collection,
DVD, Publisher WHERE Title LIKE 'the' no_case OR MOOD LIKE 'tive'

The problem is that Valentina is treating this as if I had put
"WHERE Title LIKE 'the' no_case AND MOOD LIKE 'tive'"

But I want OR
If I do this between two fields from the same table the OR condition
works as expected.
It is only when using an OR condition between two tables that I am
having problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Greg DeVore