Any luck on solving my cursor problem?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Sep 17 14:14:27 CDT 2003

> You have
>     constant kReadOnly = 1
>     constant kReadWrite = 2
>
> But must be
>
>     kNoLock = 1,    // Cursor do not set locks and ignore
> locks of others.
>     kReadOnly = 2,  // Cursor set READ ONLY locks on records.
>     kReadWrite =3   // Cursor set READ WRITE locks. So it
> change records.
>                     // Only for Server side cursors.
>

> So as you use you set READ lock.
>
> Ken, I wonder, is this in docs such numbers as you use ?
> If yes, where? I need fix that.

Yes, it's in the Vserver documentation, page 8. It says:

  LockType - can be kReadOnly = 1 or kReadWrite = 2.

However when I change my code to use 3 instead of 2, I still get Error
605 for UpdateRecord, and now I get Error 605 for AddRecord (whereas
before when I was using 2 instead of 3, AddRecord returned FALSE (and
didn't add the record)).

Still not it... :-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software