Any luck on solving my cursor problem?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 17 13:21:29 CDT 2003

on 9/16/03 11:24 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

>> Also it seems you DO NOT delete cursors!
>> This is bad mistake.
>
> OK! Don't yell! (just kidding) ;-)
>
>> You need kill cursors as soon as you do not need them.
>
> Normally I do that; I forgot to do that in my test stack I sent you.

Ken,

I see mistake in your code!

You have
    constant kReadOnly = 1
    constant kReadWrite = 2

But must be

    kNoLock = 1,    // Cursor do not set locks and ignore locks of others.
    kReadOnly = 2,  // Cursor set READ ONLY locks on records.
    kReadWrite =3   // Cursor set READ WRITE locks. So it change records.
                    // Only for Server side cursors.

So as you use you set READ lock.

Ken, I wonder, is this in docs such numbers as you use ?
If yes, where? I need fix that.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com