picture field - V4MD

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 17 07:53:41 CDT 2003

on 9/17/03 7:43 AM, Vector Vibe at karthkyn at hotmail.com wrote:

>> I think that little damage can be result of strong JPG compression.
>> Please try to use LOWER value of compression.
>
> okay, let me try a lower compression, now its 70 .. which is quite low i
> guess,
> anyways let me give a try to still lower values  100 means no compression
> rite?

It seems no.

100 - is maximal
0 - minimal.

As you understand JPG in any case do some compression and loose some
quality. JPG is algorithm with LOOSE of quality.

IF you not worry about size of db, but worry about quality,
You can use SetMedia and BLOB field.

Note that such db files will work only with Director and V4MD then. I mean
you will not be able use SetMedia() pictures with e.g. Valentina for
REALbasic.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com