Encodings on RB 5

Cindy alvin at ins.co.nz
Fri Sep 12 17:50:09 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

I wrote another email. I have got the changetype function to work through
RB. When I go back to VAPP and look at the database to see how the change
went, I can look at the field list and see that the field has changed
correctly from vString to vFixedBinary. Then I go to look at the Records of
the database and the screen comes up with a blank window and then quits out.
I tried throwing away the indexes and reindexing but still it quits as soon
as I go to the changed database which was working fine before. I don't want
to go changing all my id fields to fixed binary and find that my clients
databases become corrupt. Is there a problem with changing from vstring to
vfixed binary?

Cindy