[VSRV] Can't get an updateable cursor with VXCMD

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Sep 12 01:13:11 CDT 2003

>Ruslan,
>
>I'm trying to make the following code work, and it's erroring out on me:
>
>on MarkRecords pRecID
>   put "SELECT * FROM Marked WHERE RecID=0" into tSQL
>   put Valentina("Database_SQLSelect",gMainDBRef,tSQL,2,2,2) into tCurs
>   put (pRecID & tab & gUserID) into tRecord
>   get Valentina("Cursor_AddRecord",tCurs,tRecord)
>   get Valentina("Cursor_UpdateAllRecords",tCurs)  -- ERROR 605 HERE
>   get Valentina("Cursor_Remove",tCurs)
>end MarkRecords
>
>What I get is "Error 605: CantBeUpdated"
>
>I don't understand why since I'm setting it as Server-Side (2),
>ReadWrite (2) and Random (2).
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Ken Ray
>Sons of Thunder Software
>Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
>Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

I wonder whether your problem can be that you do not assign field
values (SetField) explicitely. UpdateAllRecords works only on dirty
fields, so if the temp buffer has no fields dirty, it has nothing to
do. Also, I wonder why you use UpdateAllRecords since your cursor has
only a single record at this point.

Robert Brenstein