[VSRV] Can't get an updateable cursor with VXCMD

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Sep 11 17:55:31 CDT 2003

Ruslan,

I'm trying to make the following code work, and it's erroring out on me:

on MarkRecords pRecID
  put "SELECT * FROM Marked WHERE RecID=0" into tSQL
  put Valentina("Database_SQLSelect",gMainDBRef,tSQL,2,2,2) into tCurs
  put (pRecID & tab & gUserID) into tRecord
  get Valentina("Cursor_AddRecord",tCurs,tRecord)
  get Valentina("Cursor_UpdateAllRecords",tCurs)  -- ERROR 605 HERE
  get Valentina("Cursor_Remove",tCurs)
end MarkRecords

What I get is "Error 605: CantBeUpdated"

I don't understand why since I'm setting it as Server-Side (2),
ReadWrite (2) and Random (2).

Any ideas?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software