Encodings on RB 5

Cindy alvin at ins.co.nz
Fri Sep 12 00:48:45 CDT 2003

Hi,

Thanks for that but I don't think it helps me when the data has previously
been recorded. For a lot of my clients, the data has been brought over from
FoxPro with all the id codes that were entered there. There are
approximately 24 databases all with id codes and most with the linkings
relying on the id codes which makes it an impossible task to try and change
the existing records. What I really need is something that will allow the
platforms to talk together. Each workstation is standalone. It is when I
bring the data to the server that the problem begins. If somebody knows how
I could translate the PC codes to the Macintosh codes, that would be great.
I have gone through all the encodings in the list using gettextconverter and
convertencodings but none of them seem to show the exact codes I need.

If anybody could help on this, it would be great.

Regards

Cindy

>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just trying to finalise my windows version so it talks to the Mac. Behind
>> the scenes I have an ID code to identify each record. This code can use any
>> of the 256 characters except for obvious ones such as return, ", etc.
>>
>> On my Mac I may have a code for a record such as: 00TÈX@
Kw