RB Client

Deane Venske dean at eduss.com
Thu Sep 11 10:30:35 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan, I'm pasting correspondence from RB Mailing List to continue
because I didn't find the reply on the Valentina Mailing List...

>> Hi All,
>> I'm new to Real Basic and am trying to get the RB Client for valentina
>> working but I'm not sure on how to use the resource file. Could anyone
>> send me some example code?

>Hi Deane,
>
>I have answer about this to Valentina list.
>
>BTW, what you mean with  resource file ?
>You mean plugin?
>
>You need drop it into folder REALbasic/plugins
I'd actually like to start off by thanking the Paradigma team, your help regarding server licensing was fantastic and well above other database companies I looked at. The cost of licensing Valentina for client connections is miniscual compared to other robust databases, and I'm looking forward to seeing where Valentina can go. I'll be most happy to break in the Vserver for linux once it's available as we have very large projects running off our current MySQL databases and it would be great to compare performance.

Ok, now on with the show...
When I downloaded the V4RB Client (For Valentina Server) it was only a
.rsrc and two other files without extensions. I'm sure this has
something to do with the Mac, but I'm clueless when it comes to Macs,
I've never liked them *Waits for the flaming*.  Do I just add extensions
to the "Single Table" and "V4RB_Client" files? .rbx?
Thanks,
Deane Venske