[V4MD] Stopping character remapping

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 10 19:50:41 CDT 2003

on 9/10/03 7:24 PM, Marcus Bointon at marcus at synchromedia.co.uk wrote:

>> To disable mapping I need add some API.
>
> Might be useful, but I wouldn't spend too much time on it!
>
> The problem is actually worse than I thought, and it's not Valentina's
> fault. Now that I can deal with the mapping ok, I find that if I have a font
> that's embedded on MacOS, the mapping is applied on Windows (as expected),
> but it simply misses some characters out, even though they are in the source
> font!!! If I write code to display the whole charset on Win, it has about 30
> non-printing chars, vs about 6 if I do the same on MacOS. Very dumb.

May be you need find more professional fonts ?
>From Adobe for example?

With Cyrillic you will meet many problems I think.

Many Cyrillic fonts that I have see are just patches of western fonts
instead of correct implementation.

Oh, I remember that Moscow company Paragraph, was develop good Cyrillic
fonts. May be you need try to find them.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com