Both Server and Local databases?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Sep 9 00:31:56 CDT 2003

on 9/8/03 8:01 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> Is it possible to address both server-side and local databases from the
> same VXCMD DLL? The reason I ask is that in my current implementation,
> there is a local database that stores user preferences and I'd like to
> have the main database on the server managed by Vserver.
>
> Any possibility of this?

Hi Ken,

I afraid no.

We will be able introduce this feature only hen switch to 2.0 engine.

Also I need warn everybody, that I see only payment for this feature
    -- additional DLLs...for each Valentina product.

For example:

    V4RB plugin -- is linked into RB app
      ++ ValentinaEngine.dll
      ++ ValentinaClient.dll

Another way:
    V4RB pugin that include BOTH LOCAL engine and CLIENT library,

Hmm, may be this is not so bad way!

For guys who use such plugin for Standalone apps then additional size in
200-300KB (of client) I think is not critical.

And then we can have V4RB_Client plugin that is really small and is ONLY
pure client.

----
Another modification required for this feature:
    we will need to have ay explicitly specify that we want for
    client RemoteDatabase

For RB:
    new VRemoteDatabase

For VXCMD:
    put Valentina( "DatabaseRemote_New" ) into dbRef

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com