Problems with latest V4RB 1.9.8

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Mon Sep 8 15:45:14 CDT 2003

le 8-09-03 13:09, Cindy <alvin at ins.co.nz> a écrit :

> Just tried it with kv_Random at the end but that failed completely. In some
> of my reports I use three of four databases to create another database on
> the fly which gives me exactly what I want (sort of like a cross tabulated
> report such as you could use in FoxPro). Using kv_Random caused the lines of
> my new database to be displayed completely incorrectly. Setting it to
> kv_Forward works fine. Both have wrong calculations for any variables that I
> have created for the report.

1) Very strange, since kV_Random is supposed to work as previous version.
The flag kV_Forward do allow only access from the first to the last record.
Thus if your are at position 5, you cannot go to 4 with kV_Forward.

If you use group footer in your report, this kind of cursor cannot work...
or I have misunderstood how this can work :

You print the record x of group a. Next you go to the record x+1.
If record x+1 is of group a, you print it. Ok.
Else, if you have footer group to print, you must go backward to print the
values of the record x. But you cannot go backward when you have set
kV_Forward.

2) I don't use the variables features of dbReport, since I compute myself
and store the values I need in another table.

3) I use the dbReport 3.1. Perhaps the latest use the cursor differently
than mine with witch I don't have problem.

4) Is it the newly created database that is wrong or is its display ?

> I'll keep working on this with Aaron and see what we can come up with. He's
> always very helpful.

I agree with you :=)