Debugging with Valentina Server// VCXMD with VSRV - GettingStarted

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Sep 6 22:29:55 CDT 2003

on 9/6/03 10:23 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

>> in the ini file you can set verbose level to 2 or 3 to get
>> more helper info from Vserve. This can be useful during development.
>>
>> And you can run console app to see messages from Valentina
>> server. Check that LotToConsole parameter is 1 in the ini file.
>
> I checked, and the LogToConsole parameter is 1 and LogToFile is 1.
> Shouldn't they both get the same messages?

Yes.

> Since I launched Vserver
> automatically during startup (i.e. not from the console), is the only
> way to get console messages to kill the Vserver process and then start
> it again from the console and leave it running?

You mean you do not see output to Console app?

Yes, I know that if kill it, and later drop into terminal windows vserver
and run it from here then in the terminal window you will start see log
messages.

I did not check with Console.app

BTW, probably in unix exists other command than KILL,
Which will finish app gracefully?
KILL is danger enough, it simply STOP app with no closing of dbs.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com