Design question

James Kleinschmidt jkleins at shentel.net
Mon Sep 1 23:02:09 CDT 2003

I am starting to use V4RB and had a design question. If I wanted to do
this what is the best way?

Appointments
	Createdby --> linked to users "ID"
	ModifiedBy--> linked to users "ID"
	Name
Users
	ID
	Name
I tried making both vObjectPtrs but I can only get them to show on a
"Select * from appointments, users" if I only use one of the links.
They both work in the VDB app but as soon as I close it and reopen it
one of the links is disabled. I can only guess that you can't use 2
links to the same table. If not what would be the best way to get the
functionality I need above? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I also noticed that a cursor on the above select statement returns the
field names as listed. If I use a field with the same name would I be
able to distinguish which table it came from with appointment.name,
user.name. I tried this and could not get it to work but I was also
having the other problem as well and that may have been the culprit. Do
I need to make sure the table names don't overlap?
Sorry if this has been covered I wasn't able to find anything about it.