AW: Embedded Server and your app // ALL please read.

Deane Venske dean at eduss.com
Thu Oct 23 08:45:53 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

I've been thinking about this for a while and was thinking, what if you
develop different levels for the VDN? Perhaps allow us to distribute
embedded servers with more than 5 connections? The reason I ask is that
I can understand that you don't want people using a VDN server that one
of us provides to them to run other software off, and so in those cases
I understand the need for them to pay for connections. But we sell
software to clients that will never use the Valentina server (Well not
just yet) for anything but our software, and so it is difficult to
justify the price of say 100 licenses just to use our software.
This is one of the reasons I've been developing so my code only connects
to the server when it needs to do work with the database. However that
is not becoming a solution because the connection time is too high. I
think that my companies case is fairly unique in that we will be selling
into so many institutions that need to have 50-100 connections. It's a
different story if you're writing Enterprise level software where a
company is going to pay $50,000 for it, but not when the cost of the
software is so low. Using MS Access we never had this problem because we
were not limited to the number of users.

Best Regards,
Deane Venske