deleteAllRecords() result

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Oct 22 23:08:59 CDT 2003

on 10/16/03 20:51, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:

> deleteAllRecords() gives me a 0 when the cursor is empty. Since the
> operation does not fail, it  might be a better way to return 1?

Hmm,

I think this was my design mistake.
    at first I have made it in C++
    and as I see I have transfer it to V4Md and V4RB.

Cursor's Add(). Delete(), DeleteAll(), ..
Must not return nothing.
Instead you need check error after this operations.

For example Add() can fail if we add non unique record.

So I feel that in 2.0 we will need polish API.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com