A few (more) questions

chuck hinkle chuckbo at hinkles.us
Mon Oct 20 14:14:19 CDT 2003

That's what I meant to ask in my first question. I was under the
impression that the Valentina database could be "embedded" as part of the
application. If the files are separate, then running the application
implies, to me, that I need to store the location of the database in a
preference so that the program can find it and open it, and if the file
gets moved, then there needs to be a routine to resolve it.

Ruslan seemed, to me, to be saying that "no," I can use the Creator
property of the database to embed the database. Or, maybe it links the
database and the app. I'm reading the description in the Reference guide,
and I see a path to the Location as a property, so I must've misunderstood
that. Reading about Creator, I interpret it that the database file will be
separate from the application, and opening the database file, through use
of the Creator property, can kick off the application. I don't understand
the specifics, but it seems that the database would already be open if I
start the application this way, so I wouldn't need the db.open command? I
wish there were an example that does this that I could look through to
understand it.

chuck