how to simulate a UNION?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 17 22:34:17 CDT 2003

on 10/17/03 22:15, Michael Geary at listmail at gearyweb.com wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, Ruslan.
>
> One more question:
>
> Is there an actual Temporary table type that gets cleaned up? Or do I
> have to manually create a normal table?

I have in kernel TMP files / tables that get cleaned automatically on start
if there was crash for example. But in 1.x you do not have access to them.

> What if the database is read-only?

Very good question.

Indexes and joins go to special TMP file located in TMP folder of OS.
But again, you have no way create there TMP Tables...

I need do this 2.0 !

> When I search the V4MD docs, I get zero relevant hits for the word
> "temporary"...?

That is true...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com