SetMethode in VNET dosn't work?

SoftIl softil at onlinehome.de
Mon Oct 13 14:03:32 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,
> Important to remember that you cannot CONVERT real field into Method.
> So it is important that on CREATION of FIELD you specify string of method.
What do you mean?
In my case, I create an field "shortcut", of type kString with a length of
3. It's a normal field which stores some strings.
And than I create an method field ("shortcut_upper") which stores all values
from the "shortcut" field in upper chars.
For example:
shortcut = "xyz"  ---> shortcut_upper = "XYZ"
How is the correct methodstring to do this?
Not "upper(shortcut)"?

> I do not remember right now.
> Does VNET have in Table.CreateField() parameter Method ?
Yes it have such parameter, but for which is than the method "SetMethod()"

> To get methods via SQL you need
> A) SELECT ** FROM T
> B) SELECT method, f1, f2, ...
Ok, I haven't know this. Thanks.