VServer + V4MD Question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Oct 6 23:12:48 CDT 2003

on 10/6/03 11:04 PM, X Y at xyzabc1010 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi All,
> I finally have the time to move to valentina server. I
> did the following:
>  1. Installed the Valentina MSI
>  2. Added the hostname, username, password to the
>     creation of new VDatabase
>  3. Moved my existing database in databases folder
>  4. registered my database calling registerdatabase
>
> ---
> Now when I tried to open my database with
> openDatabase(<db name>) where <db name> is the name I
> registered the database with. I get an 1007 error. I
> checked with the master.vdb and it exists in the
> database table.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Harry,

1) first of all I recommend to run example 001 that is in archive of
V4MD_Client.

You need to see that this works fine on your side,
That new db was created under server.

2) after that you can try from your app, at first CREATE NEW db under server
and se that this works. And now try to open it.
If this works, you will be able compare what is different with YOUR EXISTED
DB.

1007 -- invalid database name...
May be you have specify extensions?
It seems REGISTERED NAME, can be of any form, this is NOT a path.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com