IN working?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Oct 6 14:31:09 CDT 2003

> > SELECT * FROM CalendarSetMembers WHERE EntityLink IN
> > ('1696','2259','2345','7641')
> >
> > and this returns a WrongExpression SQL error. I tried it
> without the
> > quotes and I get the same result.
> >
> > Is it me, or is it a bug?
>
> Just in case try this query from viSQL.

What is viSQL?

> EntityLink is ObjectPtr ?
> So it of course must not be in quotes!

It is an ObjectPtr, but I tried both with an without quotes and got the
same result.

> May be glitch with ObjectPtr.
> Try the same query on some long field.

No go... I added a field called "TestLong" (type Long) to the Entities
table and executed:

  SELECT * FROM Entities WHERE TestLong IN (20,100,150)

(I just picked three numbers that I knew were in the table). I got a
WrongExpression error (616).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com