Encoding.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Oct 2 10:00:13 CDT 2003

on 10/2/03 1:21 AM, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

>> Also we can say now, that like windows and OS X,
>> Internally Valentina will work only with UTF16 strings.
>> All rest will be conversions to/from ...
>>

> Do you mean that we can store text in UTF-8 ourselves and Valentina
> will do the conversion internally when doing things like sorting,
> searching, etc? Personally, that's handle things in my app. Or do you
> mean we can't store as UTF-8?

You will be able

1) send / get to Valentina strings in ANY encoding you want.

2) Valentina will be able STORE ON DISK strings in any encoding you have
specify for a field.

BUT, in RAM when it will work with strings it will work in UTF16 format.
All our algorithms will use strings in UTF16 format.

In this way work OS X and Windows.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com