[V4RB] Problems with non-ASCII in filepaths on Windows

Christer Olsson christer at ljusaideer.se
Sun Nov 30 12:29:34 CST 2003

As many other have reported it's not possible to create a database with non-ASCII characters in its name on Windows. This we have learnt to live with and work around, but I have now found a variant of the same problem which I can't see any workaround for:

As far as I can see creating and open databases fails on Windows if there is any non-ASCII characters anywhere in the path. On Win2000 and XP this is the case very often (at least here in Sweden) since the username is a part of almost all paths.

Workarounds anyone (apart from using RB 4.5.3)?

RB 5.2.4
V4RB 1.9.8