V4RB Speed

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Nov 30 10:01:47 CST 2003

on 11/30/03 2:39 AM, adonaisys at bigfoot.com at adonaisys at bigfoot.com wrote:

> Name:      Haytham
>
> Question regarding: v4rb

Hi Haytham,

> 1- Why is query; sort from Valentina application is much more faster than
> from RB applications (i tested with 1 million records DB).

You mean something as
    SELECT f FROM ... ORDER BY f

And VAPP is faster of RB + V4RB app?

Well, I think there is only one explanation:
- REALbasic create multi-threaded app (I think with at least 3 threads).
- each plugin is run in its own thread as I have see.

It is known that if in app present threads, than each thread get less CPU
time. So its task take longer.

May be you can try improve this if will use around call to some RB switches
to stop other threads while Valentina command works.

BTW, how much VAPP is faster?

> 2- how can i implement query in selection using V4RB

Query on cursor ?
Right now there is no way for this.

Will be implemented in 2.0

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com