[V4RB] DateFormat and DateSep

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Sat Nov 29 11:54:08 CST 2003

Hi,

I understand DateFormat specifies the format of a date but I guess not
at low level , in other words, if a database was created with
Dateformat = 1 and I open it setting Dateformat to 0 will I get a
properly converted M/D/Y or a corrupted date? The fact is my app
currently doesn't set the date format, and a Canadian customer is
having problems with queries as I am assuming everywhere dateformat is
0 (M/D/Y). He sends me its database and DateFormat is 1. Could I fix
this problem setting Dateformat to 0 at startup? I have made a test and
it seems to work.

Other question is DateSep. I am always assuming in my app it is "/".
Should I also set this at startup?

Sorry for those dumb questions,
Stan

MAX Programming LLC - http://maxprog.com - Investigation & development
     Store | <http://store.maxprog.com/>    mailto:orders at maxprog.com
  Products | <http://products.maxprog.com/> mailto:info at maxprog.com
  Download | <http://download.maxprog.com/> mailto:info at maxprog.com
   Support | <http://support.maxprog.com/>  mailto:support at maxprog.com

The information transmitted in this email and any attached document(s)
is confidential and intended solely  for the use  of the individual or
entity to which  it is addressed and may  contain privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other  use  of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is  prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the  sender and delete the  material from any
computer. Copyright 1999-2003 MAX Programing LLC - All rights reserved