AW: convert database entrys

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Mon Nov 24 11:07:23 CST 2003

But this is a lingo problem. Infact you will need to write your own csv
import routine. I can give you a start if you want with this.

> In the table "tblLink" i have now numeric repetitions. Isnt
> it the same problem only with numbers?
>
> How do i now search for an product which is in "BMW; Wheel;
> Tire" for example and i only know that the user has clicked
> on the path BMW\Wheel\Tire?

Again, this is lingo. You'll need to extract BMW, WHEEL and TIRE from that
string (look at the itemDelimiter from Director)

> And how i mark that product in his Table that it is an
> Product of "BMW; Wheel; Tire"?

Jonathan, I think no matter if you use one or more tables. If you want to
show BMW/WHEEL/TIRE,FELGE,WHATEVER and AUDI/WINDOW/FRONT,REAR,WHATEVER you
will need to do more than one SELECT command, e.g.

SELECT detail FROM myTABLE WHERE car=BMW AND part=TIRE

Then put this in your display.

Then SELECT detail FROM myTABLE WHERE car=AUDI AND part=TIRE

Or is there a neater SQL syntax, Ruslan?

Best regards, Florian