[V4MD] Translate search string to SQL

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Tue Nov 18 15:02:24 CST 2003

Hi,

Does anyone know of or have any code or technique to translate a typical
human-readable search string into SQL? For example, something that handles
"and", "or", "(", ")", etc.? I can certainly create my own, but it might save
time to start with something that already exists. I tried searching via Google
and wasn't successful in finding anything, but I didn't spend hours on it
either.

It's not that I want other people to do my work for me, it's just that I don't
want to waste my time if a readily available solution exists...

TIA

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology