V2.0 beta -- when?

jda jda at his.com
Mon Nov 17 09:46:25 CST 2003

>FYI: so now Valentina kernel internal TOTALLY work on with UTF16.
>     all other formats are support as conversion on the fly on
>     moment of input/output.

Will that be transparent to us (meaning, if we define a field as
UTF-8 will Valentina automatically do the conversion)? Or must we
perform the conversion "manually"?

>It is great that IBM guys have provide in this library very cool feature
>needed for database development. This was great pleasure for me.

Believe me, it will be a great pleasure for many of us to finally be
able to offer Unicode support in our apps!

I really, really look forward to the alphas (VRB in my case).

Thanks, Ruslan.

Jon