[VSDK] SetCompareFunction()

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Fri Nov 14 17:29:13 CST 2003

> Eric, for example in Valentina 2.0 we have about 50 (!!!) Interface classes.
> If wrap all this into C functions and then again make 50 classes around that
> C functions?!
>
> No. this is nightmare for support.

You think you do not have a nightmare right now with all those frameworks
you have to support? And you don't even support framework for CW.

You know, I say that to help, from my experience. I have done that in the
past for a lot of classes. With about the same size you will have for
version 2.0.

The only thing you need to do is to create a database (hey, you should know
how to doing it!) to enter all the classes and their functions. From their
you generate:

    - C export function (.c and .h): inside framework
    - C Interface file (.h): for outside framework user

And then
    - C++ wrapper (.cpp and .h): they may throw C++ exception
    - Objective-C (.m and .h): they may throw Objective-C exception
    - Java (.java): they may throw Java exception
    - Perl
    - TCL
    - Phyton
    - etc.

Once, you have made the export stuff for one language, it is supported
easily for all new versions: just export again.

> And I hope that will come times when will be developed binary standard for
> C++ and all compilers: CW, GCC, Visual, Borland will produce compatible C++
> binary code..

You can dream, but even for the same compiler it changes: GCC 2.98, 3.1 and
3.3!

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>