[VSDK] SetCompareFunction()

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 14 23:04:27 CST 2003

on 11/14/03 9:12 PM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

>> Just image this terrible design!
>>
>>   C++ kernel - wrapped by C -- wrapped by C++  ???
>
> This is the normal design when you provide a DLL. Or you provide only C API
> and each developer needs to write its own wrapper, which is the same design
> anyway.
>
> The other solution is to use COM or SOM. COM is just somewhat supported on
> Mac an not at all on Unix.

I have look on Hview,

No, Eric, I do not like this ideas.

This cab exists as ONE OF WAYS provided for Valentina
But only as one of ways.

I believe that C++ developers must have ability to get access
To C++ KERNEL of Valentina without ANY wrappers.

--------------
Eric, for example in Valentina 2.0 we have about 50 (!!!) Interface classes.
If wrap all this into C functions and then again make 50 classes around that
C functions?!

No. this is nightmare for support.

Our main idea in 2.0 -- to use interface classes == ala-COM.
And C factory functions.
But this still not make us all-compiler compatible because we WANT to use
true C++ exceptions. COM have give up them.

And I hope that will come times when will be developed binary standard for
C++ and all compilers: CW, GCC, Visual, Borland will produce compatible C++
binary code..

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com