Getting started with VServer

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 14 00:48:45 CST 2003

on 11/14/03 12:35 AM, Barney Hyde at barney at custombased.com wrote:

> Run the Single Table example file.
> Cannot establish VServer Database for some reason ?
> Plug in looks to be fine as RB allowing VServer objects, classes etc

What means cannot establish database?

Here more TIPS.

1) when you see Vserver by TOP, you will see its ID.

2) you can do ctrl+c to stop work of TOP

3) now you can type

    kill id

And you will kill Vserver process.

4) now you can open folder Librayr/Vserver and drag Vserver app to terminal
window and run it here

You will see now LOG file in LIVE MODE!

This mode is very useful when you do development.

> If breakpoint set at 'Create New' menu handler :
> When examining code MyDatabase has problem. If trying to examine in
> Variables
> window, RB just crashes time and again without getting a look at it.
>
> Problem with VDatabase not being created I think ?

At first please confirm that you can start Vserver and see its log

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com