[VSDK] VDK_Cursor Questions

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Tue Nov 11 15:20:44 CST 2003

> Try describe your task to us.

OK. I display the list of the "Name" field of for all the records of a
table. This list is sorted by Name. This list may be filtered with a search
field à la iTunes.

Beside, I have a record editor, to edit all the fields of the selected
record (from the list). One of the field to be editable is the Name. If the
user change the Name, the list need to be updated an resorted. The editor
must stay on the same record, so the list need to still select the same
record after the sort, but possibly at a different index.

Right now, I have a VDK_Cursor initialize with the SQL query:

    sprintf(query, "SELECT RecID FROM MyTable WHERE RecID = RecID %s ORDER
BY Name", filterString);

filterString is either empty or equal to:

    sprintf(filterString, "AND Name LIKE '%s' no_case", newFilterString");

The only problem I have is when the user the Name. I need to go through the
whole new cursor to find the index position of the selected MyTable RecID.

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>