[VSDK] VDK_Cursor Questions

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Nov 11 21:52:17 CST 2003

on 11/11/03 9:32 PM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

>>> How I get the new position of the modified record in the cursor?
>>
>> After re-sorting?
>> I think only by binary search in cursor
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot do a binary search, since it is sorted by something
> else (which is not unique) than the RecID. Or Am I missing something?

Then problems.

Eric,

It seems you need make deep analyze of your task.
It is 100% sure that Valentina give full set of features for both ways:
    BaseObject API and Cursor API.

IT IS 100% possible resolve any task as in BaseObject API
So in SQL/Cursor way.

Exists developers that resolve complex tasks in both this ways.
BaseObject API use mainly C++ developers of course.

Try describe your task to us.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com