Clarification on code for cross-platform issue

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 7 02:02:13 CST 2003

on 11/7/03 1:52 AM, capra at sonicinema.com at capra at sonicinema.com wrote:

> Sorry about that!  Here is the e-mail & zipped .dat & .vdb:
>
> Thanks a lot Ruslan,

Hi,

First results,

I can open your database in the VAPP with no problems.

I see your 5587 records. All good.

I see that you really name db and table starting from 5587.

In fact this is not good idea and can be danger.
Especially Table.

By SQL rules:
    identifier should start on LETTER or _

    so '5587recs' by SQL standard is NOT valid name.

I do not say that this is source of your problem.
Just I recommend use other names, e.g. Recs_5587

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com