Retrieving object pointers [Never Mind]

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Nov 5 10:18:54 CST 2003

on 11/5/03 1:33 AM, chuck hinkle at chuckbo at hinkles.us wrote:

>> I'm getting very close.
>> Now, I'm trying to populate my table with the composite key.
>>
>> Back to the Employee and Department example.
>>
>> I'm getting ready to code
>>
>>  app.myDB.tblEmpDept.DeptPtr = This_cursor.field("recid")
>>  app.myDB.tblEmpDept.EmpPtr = ?????
>>  app.myDB.tblEmpDept.AddRecord
>>
>> The reason I'm stuck is that when I read the employees, I moved them into
>> a listbox, so I had to convert the vULLong to a string. (Unless I got that
>> syntax wrong, it wouldn't let me put an Integer into a listbox cell.)
>>
>> But when I'm ready to copy that value, now converted to a string, to
>> EmpPtr, is the syntax going to be
>>     app.myDB.tblEmpDept.EmpPtr = val(strEmployee_ptr)
>>

> You can ignore this question -- I just built an SQL Insert command with the
> strings, and it worked.  :> !!!

In any case, Chuck.

    dim RecID1, RecID2 as long

    RecID1 = This_cursor.field("recid").value
    RecID2 = value( string from menu)

     app.myDB.tblEmpDept.DeptPtr = RecID1
     app.myDB.tblEmpDept.EmpPtr = RecID2
     app.myDB.tblEmpDept.AddRecord

For Valentina it is NEVER MIND where from you take RecID1 and RecID2 values.
You can store them somewhere (in menu).
Valentina do not care about this.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com