Retrieving object pointers

chuck hinkle chuckbo at hinkles.us
Tue Nov 4 16:10:22 CST 2003

I'm getting very close.
Now, I'm trying to populate my table with the composite key.

Back to the Employee and Department example.

I'm getting ready to code

   app.myDB.tblEmpDept.DeptPtr = This_cursor.field("recid")
   app.myDB.tblEmpDept.EmpPtr = ?????
   app.myDB.tblEmpDept.AddRecord

The reason I'm stuck is that when I read the employees, I moved them into
a listbox, so I had to convert the vULLong to a string. (Unless I got that
syntax wrong, it wouldn't let me put an Integer into a listbox cell.)

But when I'm ready to copy that value, now converted to a string, to
EmpPtr, is the syntax going to be
      app.myDB.tblEmpDept.EmpPtr = val(strEmployee_ptr)

chuck