V4RB... getting vBlob field

Aaron Bratcher aaronbratcher at abdatatools.com
Tue Nov 4 14:03:17 CST 2003

I am trying to typecast a vField into a vBlob.  However simply trying
to get the field from the baseObject is always returning nil and Im not
sure why.

Here is the field definition as I create the database:
   newField = bo.CreateField("note",kV_TypeBLOB) // newField is type
vField

When I try to get the field, I have a variable of type vBlob. (bo is my
base object properly obtained from the database)

       blobField = vBlob(bo.field(fieldName)) //fieldName is confirmed
to contain "note"  I even tried hard-lining "note"

This is ALWAYS returning a nil.  Any ideas?  It's been a while since I
tried programming to a valentina db like this.

Thanks.

--
Aaron Bratcher
ab DataTools