[C SDK] Reading values from cursor

Olaf Schmidtmann os at brainbits.net
Tue Nov 4 16:07:54 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

my link between Valentina and Flash seems to work now:
I can create cursors by sql selects, get references, field counts, record
counts...
But when it comes to getting field types, names and values it still does not
work as it should. It seems that I get integers for these and not string for
example :-(

Something like this:

[
	{
		fRef: 44076136
		fName: 44201312
		fType: 15
		fValue: 20024512
	}
	{
		fRef: 44063884
		fName: 44201312
		fType: 10
		fValue: 44199248
	}

I create a cursor and do something like this to get these values:

// fRef is my field reference
fName = Field_GetName(fRef)
fType = Field_GetType(fRef)
fValue = Field_GetString(fRef) // Should work for almost everything, right?

Do you have any idea?
DebugView does not report something special - everything seems to work.
Of course it could be that my interface to access the DLL fails but they say
it works with boolean, integer, string.

When I try to create another cursor and overwrite the old reference I get
error 363. What does this mean? Do I have to destroy the cursor before (set
it null)? In Director I could simply overwrite the old variable which maybe
is a little dirty.

Thank you and bye,
Olaf

--