a12 VServer docs suggestions

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat May 31 01:12:18 CDT 2003

on 5/30/03 20:33, Keith DeLong at delong at redcort.com wrote:

>>> **  Pg 70-89 (vserver)
>>>
>>> Page 74 (vserver info) describes the 'inPort' parameter:
>>>        "On default is used the standard port of Valentina Server."
>>>
>>> It should say:
>>>
>>> By default the VServer ini file will use port = 5432.
>>
>> No, this is NOT related with ini file.
>> This is correct:
>>
>>   By default is used the standard port of Valentina Server.
>
> Hi Ruslan,
> Please clarify because this is still unclear in English. Is this correct:
>
> If no port is set in the .ini, VServer uses  a default port of 5432.

Keith, but you speak about Valentina Server and ini file.
Page 74 describe class Vserver of V4RB_CLIENT.

Please do not confuse Vserver class and Vserver application.

> The docs certainly need to at least say what the default port number is!

Note, I do not write explicit port number like 5432,
Because we have NOT choose yet future default port for Valentina server.
5432 is just temporary.
John have mention that Postgre use it.
So we need other port for Valentina.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com