Severe disappointment (Denis)

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Fri May 30 12:29:24 CDT 2003

>Denis
>
>P.-S.  Zav:  You say: "Partially, as a result of the crashes in
>Valentina..." - please don't take it all out on V4MD, it's still the
>best db Xtra for Director. I don't know the contract terms you
>usually abide by, but the reason why I have clients sign an
>agreement and pay from 30% to 50% in advance is to be able to make
>for my time and expenses if they want to back out at some point
>without giving me a fair chance to rectify an unwanted course of
>action.  So I am tempted to ask: are you sure that a client that
>nullifies a deal after seeing an obvious bug in such an early
>version of your product would in fact have paid you in the end?

Good point. I opted to be a good developer and said "because of
health, family matters and crashing in part of the development
environment I was trying to learn, I can not finish this project and
opt to return your money."  I do not want any grief with any of my
clients and try to hold up my obligations.  I've got enough stress
now and didn't want to feel guilty over mishandling a project that I
solely held responsibility for completing.

--
- Zav
Wanted:  One new spine.  Accepting applications from potential donors.