Severe disappointment

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Thu May 29 19:02:46 CDT 2003

>at 29.05.2003 18:16 Uhr, Zav - Alex Zavatone wrote:
>
>>  I find it very sad and emotionally and financially distressing to say
>>  that using Valentina cost me ten thousand dollars.
>
>Hi Zav,
>
>I understand your frustration but also can't really see, what you're doing!
>I never crash, when using Valentina (just put some Inits in prepareMovie and
>some de-inits in stopmovie)...
>  Although I'd vote for a little more protection in the OpenDatabase
>function, I can't really believe you lost a job, because a check of an
>initted Valentina in OpenDatabase is missing...

Andy, it's pretty simple.  If you call opendatabase either by mistake
or on purpose and valentina is not inited, director for the mac (DMX)
will crash Director.  I have mentioned this several times.

I have a bad back and since I am in pain most of the time, I do not
have the patience that I used to have.  Dealing the crashes every 5
to 15 minutes and not using the message window to test my code (as
Ruslan mentioned before) makes it impossible for me to actually build
the application that I committed to build.

--
- Zav
Wanted:  One new spine.  Accepting applications from potential donors.