[ANN] Vserver, V4RB_Client, V4MD_Client 2a10 uploaded. For MAC

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 28 17:01:18 CDT 2003

on 5/28/03 3:54 PM, Keith DeLong at delong at redcort.com wrote:

>>> If the optional parameter is omitted, which server would get a connection if
>>> 2 vServers are running on a host with separate port settings?
>>
>> If you do not specify parameter PORT in Vdatabase or Vserver constructor
>> Then it is default -- 5432.
>
> This answers my question.
>
> vServer ini automatically creates a port = 5432

Yes. I think I se what you mean.

1) you will need distribute with your server app, YOUR ini file with correct
port.

2) I think it needs redo Vserver that on first start it create ini file,
It create systemCatalog folder in the same location and use it.
I think YOUR Server app must run from first start. We should not ask user go
and edit ini file.

> In demo app, client did not use optional port call
>   w.mDataBase = new MyDataBase( hostname, "sa", "sa" )
>
> I wondered why a Vdatabase() with NO port in parameter will connect to
> server with a port setting. I understand now that the Client was using
> default of 5432.

Keith, have you download V4RBReference.pdf ?
I believe in docs is said now that on default is used DEFAULT Vserver port.

> I tested by setting server ini port=5444. Client connection now fails as
> expected.
>
> This makes sense now. Please include this in the client and server docs for
> others who will confused. :-)

Already included.
Check latest V4RBReference.pdf

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com