Thank you

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 26 21:48:29 CDT 2003

on 5/26/03 6:26 PM, Stasi Poulos at sppoulos at mindstarprods.com wrote:

> 2. The MS Jet DBMS allows case-insensitive queries against strings in the
> database.   We strongly rely on this functionality, but Valentina's "="
> operator is case sensitive.   We had to work around this by making every "="
> operator to instead be a LIKE clause using the "no_case" keyword.   It would
> greatly help if there was a DMBS flag that could change the default operation
> of the "=" to be case-insensitive.   A second option, although  not as
> elegant, would be to add a "no_case" keyword to the "=" operator.  Are there
> any plans for either of these options?

Yes, correct.

In 2.0 will be added new flag

    fIndexed + fCaseInsensetive

So developer will be able easy make search on SOME fields to be case
insensitive.

By the way, today you can get this behavior using BaseObject Methods.
Do you know about this?

> Thank you for your attention, and thank you for all your hard work on
> Valentina.  It's a pleasure to have such a strong backbone in both Windows and
> Mac platforms.   Our long-term goal  is to convert our Windows application to
> use Valenina as well......but only after the file size comes down more.  It's
> currently too big for our Windows clients, but I'm sure that will improve over
> time.

What you mean? Size of Valentina database files is big ???

You can regulate this by SegmentSize in db.Create().
And this affect in fact size only while there is no many data.

I believe that if you put many data into database, then Valentina has one of
them most compact db files.

You think no?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com