[ALL] let's think about Query Language for 2.0

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 23 22:43:53 CDT 2003

on 5/23/03 10:07 PM, Andreas Grosam at agrosam at computerworks.ch wrote:

>>> One thing, not explicitly mentioned, if I understand you right, this
>>> API shall work in a client/server environment as well??
>>
>> May be not. May be yes.
>>
>> Do not forget, I always try keep Valentina as flexible as possible.
>> It should work fine as embedded engine, and as client server.
>> As single user so multi-user
>> As RDBMS, so object - relational.
>
> I though that, thus I emphasised the question  ;)
>
> I have an idea how to solve that  - it's basically, a design question:
> Using template POLICIES for the objects realising the communication
> between server and client.

> For an embedded DBMS, a policy will be chosen such that it directly
> maps member function calls.

> For crossing the server/client boundary, a RPC policy will be used.
> Note that the interface is the same.

> However, it would be beyond the scope here, to give a full overview of
> that idea.

I see idea, Andreas.

Igor also have told me that he have got idea how to use policies for packets
in client-server. We have not discuss this yet. But he think about issue
here.

But we talk now about Tree of Nodes.
This can be 10-20-30 nodes.
To send them on server we simply need make protocol for them.

By the way, you have some ideas for RPC implementations?
For now we simply build packet for each operation we need send on network.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com