[ALL] let's think about Query Language for 2.0

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 23 21:10:17 CDT 2003

on 5/23/03 1:52 PM, Andreas Grosam at agrosam at computerworks.ch wrote:

>> 3) Query must be able to support Relational model, Netowrk model,
>> Object-Relational model and Object model.
>
> - Supporting Relational Model
> of course!
>
> - Supporting the Network Model
>
> Don't know whether this is important in Valentina!?
> Does Valentina implement the Network Data Model according CODASYL??
> (Group Item, Set Type, Record Type, etc.)??

No, and never will.

I name network model, ability for C++ developers now, and may be in future
RB developers do searches on tables, get sets of found records, go from
found record to N related records. This idea demonstrate example Plant in
VSDK.

I think that it is not important that we do not name them Group Item and so
on. The main is principle of access to records.

> -  Supporting the Object-Relational and Object Model
>
> This extends the relational model by introducing Objects. Objects have
> attributes, methods, class members, class methods, inheritance,
> encapsulation, polymorphism, members which are itself objects, etc.
> A lot of questions arise:
> Where is the code for member functions located, how to ensure
> encapsulation, relaxing encapsulation? And several hundreds more!

Yes, correct. And I cannot wait when I put hands on this theme!!!!!!
This is the most interesting for me.
And the biggest fun.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com