[ALL] let's think about Query Language for 2.0

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 23 21:06:06 CDT 2003

on 5/23/03 1:52 PM, Andreas Grosam at agrosam at computerworks.ch wrote:

> Well, if we want to use the programming language (e.g. C++) for
> directly stating the relational algebra, we need to define - in that
> language - what the various artifacts Relation, Tuple, Predicate etc.
> are.
>
> So - for example, what is a Relation expressed in a C++ class??

Andreas, in 2.0

    Relation    = fbl::I_Table
    Record      = fbl::I_Record
    Predicate   = fbl:: Enode_Pred

By the way, Andreas, if you want I can set up for you access to our CVS for
2.0 kernel.

Next, it looks right now as near target I have think about I_Table and
Predicates....and selections from table.

I think after this as layer about can be built layer for relational
operations as you describe. It is good that you have express this so
explicitly.

> Ruslan, I will address this later here, but I want comment your
> suggestions first:

ok

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com