Valentina and Revolution...

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri May 23 11:06:21 CDT 2003

Martin,

I'm using Valentina with MetaCard (which is the underlying engine that
Revolution uses) and it is very easy to use, and way fast. For example,
I did a query that returned 14000 records from two joined tables and it
took about 300 milliseconds. It took MC about another 400 milliseconds
to walk through all 14000 records and make minor tweaks before finally
dumping it in a field. So IMHO, Valentina and MC (or Rev) are a match
made in heaven. :-)

The only con so far has been that until Valentina Server is out for
Rev/MC, you will need to handle record locking yourself, but this is not
an issue only with Rev; it is what everyone's needed to do until
Valentina Server is fully released.

If you have any additional questions, you can email me privately or post
back to the list.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com