[V4RB] design of future pluign

john roberts jarobe01 at athena.louisville.edu
Wed May 21 15:24:25 CDT 2003

on 5/21/03 2:53 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

> 2) As for me, I like idea in PrimeBase, when you make and distribute only
> ONE application.
>
> Yes, in fact they do NOT have embedded engine like Valentina. They can only
> talk to local Server via more optimized DLL. I think it simply talk not via
> sockets but via some direct calls to Server.
> Yes, so they have THE SAME sources. They do connect in both cases: local and
> remote.

I like that. :)

> Valentina work for local db as true embedded engine...but I like this
> idea...Or you think that it is normal if you will distribute 2 versions of
> your apps ?

More info please. In this scenario, the local database engine is running
independent of the client using it ? (2 applications ?) Not a problem if
that is the case; in fact it could be a big plus because you could limit the
work to the two clients and a single (server) database. Licensing would then
control whether the server was for 1 person or more. Scalability would be
easy and the customers (yours and ours) would be happy to know things
continue to behave as they always did, except for more people.

Am I close ?

John Roberts