[V4RB] design of future pluign

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 21 21:53:43 CDT 2003

on 5/21/03 9:18 PM, Charles Yeomans at yeomans at desuetude.com wrote:

> I assumed that it must be money you meant, because I know that no
> Macintosh true believer would ever suggest the use of DLLs.

Well, in fact each big application uses shared libs.

--------------
>> Charles, but I do not see other good way
>> If you see it tell me.
>
> I thought that I did -- a collection of class interfaces plus two
> plugins -- V4RB  and V4RB Client.  V4RB returns a VDatabaseLocal, while
> V4Rb Client returns a VDatabaseNetwork; both classes implement
> VDatabase.

Okay, answer me at first on the next question.

1) forget for now about combo - app.

Let you want develop some App. It must have as Standalone so Client
versions. How you see this ?

IF we have 2 different V4RB plugins, then you need compile one app, using
first., and second app using second.

So you now must distribute 2 (!!!) compiled applications.
Agree?

2) As for me, I like idea in PrimeBase, when you make and distribute only
ONE application.

Yes, in fact they do NOT have embedded engine like Valentina. They can only
talk to local Server via more optimized DLL. I think it simply talk not via
sockets but via some direct calls to Server.
Yes, so they have THE SAME sources. They do connect in both cases: local and
remote.

Valentina work for local db as true embedded engine...but I like this
idea...Or you think that it is normal if you will distribute 2 versions of
your apps ?

3) you self have point problem with above way.
    How you will be able subclass Vdatabase? VCursor..

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com